Electric Gear Quick Reference
Film sets are power hungry beasts and we need a way to generate that power and bring it to the lights. That is what the electric gear and distro (short for distribution) is for. It turns out that film, stage & live events pretty much share the same distribution equipment. Everyone is hungry for power!
We’ve split electric gear in the following groups:
- Generators – From Putt Putts to Beasts
- Distro Boxes – Going from huge power cables down to a household outlet.
- Camlock Cables & Accessories – How we send power from the big generators
- Bates/Stage Pin Cables & Accessories – How we power groups of lights
- Edisson Cables & Accessories – Don’t you dare call it an extension cord…
The cable order reflects the amount of power that can be carried on the cables (more to less).
It goes without saying that electricity can kill and you should know what you are doing before plugging things together!